- complaints of unsolicited messages (as 'spam') without opt-out language
- content analysis observing the same/similar messages across many phone numbers ("snow shoeing")
- messages with url shorteners that obscure domains"
In order to avoid your texts being marked as "spam" or violating our carrier policy, please follow the below best practices:
- Add "Reply STOP to unsubscribe" in your initial text
- Do not include a link in your initial text
- Stay away from robotic language like "If so, respond 'yes'" or "click here"
- Keep texts casual
- Watch your punctuation! Avoid parenthesis, quotation marks, or extra punctuation.
Examples of texts that should work:
- "Great! You can fill out this short survey and we can work with you to get your rent reduced [insert link here]"
- "Have you been impacted by Covid-19? We'd love to hear from you!"